8 Extraordinary And Surprising Facts About Our Universe

8 Extraordinary And Surprising Facts About Our Universe

The universe is the name we use to describe the collection of all things that exist in space. It's made up of trillions of stars, galaxies, black holes, huge gas clouds, and many other fascinating things. The universe is so vast that it is extremely difficult to know the full extent of its complexities.

Here are 8 extraordinary and surprising facts about our universe:-

1. The black holes then collapse and grow in size as well. The black hole, which is more than a million times the mass of our sun, is considered supermassive. Almost every galaxy, including our Milky Way, has a supermassive black hole in its heart, with masses of millions to billions of times the mass of the Sun. Astronomers are still studying why the hearts of galaxies often host a supermassive black hole.

2. The asteroid is larger than a meteoroid that orbits the sun and is made up of rock or metal. "According to research Objects larger than 10m have been called asteroids." Asteroids are usually rocky or metallic in nature and in our solar system most can be found orbiting the sun between Mars and Jupiter in the Asteroids belt. It is believed that in the early evolution of the solar system, the region once contained enough material to form a planet but Jupiter's instance of gravity stopped the materials from successfully coalescing into a planet.
3. Jupiter is the third brightest planet in the solar system, after Venus and the Moon. The Planet only takes about 10 hours to complete a full rotation on its axis. On Jupiter, clouds are made of ammonia crystals broken up into two different cloud decks. the darker material is thought to be compounds brought up from deeper inside Jupiter, and then change color when they reacted with sunlight. Both Uranus and Jupiter have a ring.
4. Stars are formed from dense knots contained in large clouds of dust and gas called nebulae. The nearest star to earth is a red dwarf star called Proxima Centauri. The nuclear reaction that takes place in a hydrogen bomb is the same reaction that happens in stars. The force of gravity keeps their particles together and stops the stars from exploding. The pistol is one of the giant stars that are 10 billion times stronger than the sun.

5. According to space.com, all the stars, planets, and galaxies that can be seen today make up only 4 percent of the universe. The other 96 percent is made up of things that astronomers can't see, detect, or even fully comprehend. These mysterious substances are known as dark energy and dark matter.
6. Sun is made up of 74% of its mass comes from Hydrogen and 24% Helium and remaining 2% is included a trace amount of iron, nickel, oxygen, and all the other elements we have in the solar system and its gravity is 28 times stronger than earth's gravity. The most famous spacecraft sent to observe the Sun is the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory, built by NASA and ESA, and launched in December 1995. If the Sun weren't there, the earth would travel in a straight line. The harmful radioactive winds are produced from the sun are called solar wind i.e. very harmful for our atmosphere as well as for us. The solar winds refer to the steady stream of highly charged particles that continually blow off the Sun in all directions. it is caused by the Solar corona expanding into space. Due to the solar wind, the sun loses more than 1million tons of mass per second.
7. Tides in Oceans on Earth happen due to the force of gravitation between the earth and the moon. Moon pulls up water in oceans and even in the lake, due to its gravitational force. The Earth-moon is the fifth largest moon in the solar system. The most interesting fact about the moon is that it is moving approximately 3.8 cm away from our planet every year.
8. Saturn is one of the most interesting planets in our solar system, it is also known as the jewel of the solar system due to its beautiful rings. Saturn and Earth are rotating in the same direction, which is from the west to the east direction. Saturn has the second shortest day after Jupiter and the fastest spin on its axis among all the other planets in the solar system.
Hope you liked it.

0 Response to "8 Extraordinary And Surprising Facts About Our Universe"

Post a Comment